Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How About A Nice Warm Glass Of STFU?


I saw Back to School and Jeremy Trueblood is no Rodney Dangerfield. However it's easy to see why he can't get no respect. You know it's bad when the refs treat you like like your name is Stan.

An interesting sidenote from the Bucs-Vikings game this past weekend. While protesting a penalty call, Trueblood got a little more than he expected from the ref.
RT Jeremy Trueblood thought he was justified in leveling LB Chad Greenway during a scrape in the first quarter, even though Trueblood was called for a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty. "They hadn't blown the whistle yet, and they were stripping the ball away from (Warrick Dunn)," Trueblood said. "So, I go knock the guy down. I asked the (official), 'How do I know that if the ball flies out, you're not going to call a fumble because there was no whistle.' He looked at me and said, 'I know I was a little late on the whistle. I'm working on it.' I told him, 'I hope you know you just killed our drive.' He told me to, 'Shut the (expletive) up.' Are (officials) allowed to talk to players like that?"
They're allowed to do way more than that. Ask a Steelers fan. What's come over NFL referees this season? Robbing teams of wins. Telling players to shut the fuck up. The zebras are getting a bit gangsta. If Trueblood isn't careful, he may end up with a game check fine for questioning the integrity of referees and a horse head in his bed.

No comments: