Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Why Don't Plaxico Call Nobody Back?


"My emotions were that they suspended me. That was the decision they chose to do. I'll take it at that. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I got me some rest and was able to get away for a while and chill out and relax."
--Plaxico Burress on his suspension
Plaxico Burress is a man after Emmitt Smith's heart. He may get it if he keeps giving lines like that. However Emmitt better be careful because he's a "fuck 'em and leave 'em" kinda guy. A man with no remorse.

Burress returned to practice and made it clear he could care less that he was suspended by the Giants.
“I haven’t lost any sleep. I am in great spirits. I enjoyed my week off. My team went out and played great yesterday without me. It was good to see the guys go out there and play well.”
Tom Coughlin and the players must love a team attitude like that. Something tells us this won't be the last time this happens. The Giants receiver claimed that he had a situation, had to see a man about a horse or had to go see about something. Maybe it was taking his son to school or maybe it was beatin' muthafuckas like Ike beat Tina. Either way he didn't call to inform the team or return calls as they tried to track him down.

The Giants shouldn't feel too bad. They weren't the only ones not getting any love from Burress. Epic Car and Truck Rental can't get him on the phone either. He allegedly returned a rental car after hours with damage and never reported it. He paid about a grand towards the damage but still owes $1759. He claimed Allstate as his insurance company but when contacted, they told the rental company that Burress doesn't have policy with them.

A third-party administrator finally called Giants Director of Player Development Charles Way after several unsuccessful attempts to contact Burress. Way's response when asked about getting hold of Burress was "Man, I'm trying".

Maybe the Klondike 5-4385 number Burress gave them and the Giants should have been a clue.

No comments: