Monday, October 20, 2008

Smith Barney? A Bunch Of Bitches


Has it really come to this? Are we about to see the Hieroglyphics hedge fund? Diplomats debt obligations? The economy has gotten so bad that people can't rely on Wall Street to level with them. People are turning to alternative sources of information in a panic. Some people like Sarah Palin trust their witch doctors. Others turn to rappers.

There was some rapper summit in Atlanta where people marinated and waxed poetic on the subject of real estate. It's not clear why this is news. Cypress Hill has been talking about the real estate since the 90s. Attendees got to hear Russell Simmons, Ludacris and Young Jeezy (?) discuss the importance of home ownership and keeping your ends right.

If Big Daddy Kane is telling me "romance without finance is a damn nuisance", I'll listen. However it'll be a cold day in hell before I recognize Missoura or I ask a rapper how to "diversify my bonds". If you doubt me, check Aaliyah Mitchell.
One of those who attended, Aaliyah Mitchell, 24, said, "I'm certainly going to benefit from this."

Mitchell, a former student at Clark Atlanta who now attends a tech school, added, "With stars like Russell Simmons and Ludacris speaking to us, who don't understand about purchasing a home, I think we'll have more understanding now."
I can't wait to see what Lil Wayne, Master P and MC Hammer have to say on the matter. "You see what you need to be comprehendin' is that the next big thang is grillz and platinum tanks, nucka." Yes, Percy. Yes indeed. Luda may talk about real estate at forums but he's keeping his real goldmine under wraps. Different hoes in different area codes. Now that's diversification.

If I have to go to rappers for financial advice, there's only one place I'm going:

No comments: