Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Devil's Precipitation Is Upon Us



So after last night's debacle at the Bank, I was sitting here in my office just north of Philadelphia wondering how I am going to manage a World Series pseudo-game tonight and the 7:30AM conference call tomorrow morning I just got conscripted into.

Then I looked outside and noticed that it is FUCKING SNOWING. Like, seriously snowing.

The weather forecast - which is a wondrous, truly miraculous thing, god I'm glad they invented it after the top of the sixth inning last night - indicates that it is going to continue to snow and rain until sometime tomorrow afternoon.

I gotta tell you, sports fans, baseball tonight seems an unlikely prospect. I figure that has to help the Phillies; the longer the game gets delayed the more likely it becomes that should futher games be necessary Cole Hamels will pitch on full rest.

To paraphrase what us Phillies Pholk had been saying all day yesterday: 1/3 more, my friends. 1/3 more.

No comments: