Tuesday, October 14, 2008

NFL Marketing Hits A New Low


Ok, this surely isn't a licensed NFL company here, but what the hell. Ever wanted to wear your team logo to work but can't get past the stupid "dress code"? Well worry no more, you can go to NFLDressShirts.com and go get you a dress shirt with your favorite NFL team logos on it. Now, you think this isnt as bad as it sounds right? Well just watch this amazing advertisement that I found on Youtube and you will see this tragedy with your own eyes.

If you dare click on the link to the shop above, you will see a testimonial from the purveyor of said shirts regarding his love of his creation:

Now when I take my woman out, she's happy to see me in my "button" down shirt. Makes her feel like I care enough about her to get dressed up. And I DO CARE about her, she's my woman. It's just that until now I never felt comfortable wearing what every one else was wearing.

I'm just an average guy who loves football and hates to get dressed up. If that's how you are, you'll like your shirt as much as I like mine, maybe even more.

Wow...I think he almost talked me into it, except I know for a fact that my significant other would, in one swift motion, junkpunch me with one hand and rip the shirt off me with the other leaving me in the fetal position, writhing in pain on the ground, where I would finally muster up enough strength to whimper "Why baby? WHY?" and look up to see that the shirt would already be engulfed in a gasoline fueled fire. I love that gal.

No comments: