Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Hockey Player vs. A Midget vs. A Tranny: Adam Burish At The Jerry Springer Show

Chicago Blackhawk Adam Burish's blog on the Chicago Sun-Times website has some strong potential. He started off writing about why hockey players fight and now he regales us with the tale of his day as security on The Jerry Springer Show which films in Chicago.


Apparently the fights are real and the most difficult fighters to break up are girl fights.
Two girls started slapping each other as hard as they could and when I got in the middle to break it up they each grabbed a hold of each other's hair. So I did what made sense, grabbed their hands and tried to pull their hands off the others hair. However, when I finally pulled one of the girl's hands away she didn't let go and pulled the others wig right off her head and then threw it into the crowd. I felt a little responsible for that one!

Overall the show was such a blast to be a part off. I was pleasantly surprised as to how many Blackhawks fans were in the audience. When I got on stage they started chanting things like, "We love hockey fights," and "Detroit Sucks!"
Now these are the kinds of things athletes should be doing and talking about on their blogs. I don't want to hear about your wack album or why you should get the ball more. Keep it interesting like Agent Zero, Chris Cooley or Paul Shirley.

No comments: