Monday, July 14, 2008

New Sport: "Naked Rock Climbing"

Well, I guess you will save a lot of cash by taking up this version of the already extreme sport of rock climbing. Nude rock climbing is supposedly the latest craze here in the states, but I'll be damned if I've heard about it before reading this article (might be NSFW since there are some arty nude shots) from the Daily Mail.

People who do this sort of climbing swear that it is the "true essence of the climbing spirit," whatever that means. One climber, Dean Feldman, was so inspired that he took this photo and a whole bunch of others and made a calendar called "Stone Nudes" (also might be NSFW for some arty nude shots) which you can pick up on his site there, showing that this new extreme sport is already primed for capitalism to exploit it to its fullest. I mean, who doesn't love naked women on rocks right? I know I just bought two, one for the wall and the other for...personal use. Yea, that's right.

Sure you can save a lot of cash on climbing equipment but has got to be offset in a big way with the medical bills. I mean no ropes or hooks or knee pads or anything to prevent the bumps and bruises and um...FALLING DOWN to the ground to your death? Yea, sounds like an awesome way to spend the afternoon.

From Daily Mail UK

No comments: