Friday, July 11, 2008

Just Call Cristiano Ronaldo Toby

The absurdity of the Cristiano Ronaldo saga has reached an all-time low. The constant back and forth between Manchester United and Real Madrid had been tiresome for some time and then FIFA president Sepp Blatter decided to stick his nose into the drama. He accused United of treating Ronaldo like Kunta Kinte. When Ronaldo was informed of Blatter's comments, he had no problem agreeing with them.
'I agree with what he said. It's true. I agree with the president of FIFA. I know what I want and what I would like.

'We have to see what happens.

'What the president of FIFA said is correct. At the moment I don't say anything more. 'I don't know whether or not there is slavery in football. I don't say anything.'
Ronaldo shouldn't complain. He's definitely in the house considering he makes £120,000 a week. Talk to the players in the field like Wes Brown who only makes £50,000 a week. Who will give them free?

Teams are stupid enough to pay players absurd salaries and wonder why they become such spoiled prima donnas. Ronaldo is in the first year of a five-year contract and is trying to force his way out of Old Trafford.
Asked if he wished to go to Real Madrid, he said: 'At the moment I can't say any more. You know what I said and what I want.

'At the moment we're going to see what happens.'
The sad thing about it is that he might get his wish. As much as I would love to see the back of him, it would be wise of United to make an example of him and keep him at the club as long as possible even if it means letting him rot in the reserves. There has to be some loyalty considering the way the team protected him after his World Cup theatrics. There has to be some order considering he just signed a new contract. One has to wonder whether there's any point to contracts in sports.

1 comment:

Jeff V said...

why not trade him for cash or put him on loan?