Monday, August 13, 2007

Yao Ming: Beirut MVP

I imagine he would be if he played the game at his wedding banquet.

Yao threw a dinner to celebrate his wedding to his longtime girlfriend Ye Li and invited his Chinese teammates to a 10-course meal. Someone must have kept his pimp cup full at all times because he got all kinds of twisted.
[Yao] "rarely drinks," but this time he marked the occasion and "drank quite a bit," Yao spokesman Erik Zhang said.

"I don't think [Yao] was drunk but he was pretty close. He went back to his room and fell asleep," Zhang said by telephone. "But he felt this was a celebration. And also his teammates, the people who care about him, they're not going to let him get away with not drinking. And he knows that."
Yao and his guests downed six bottles of Mao Tai which The Sporting News describes as "a fiery Chinese spirit usually downed in shots from small teacups". I don't know nuthin' about no pinko drink called Mao Tai but I don't see it on Bumwine.com so I'll withhold judgment until I finds out more about this Commie beverage.

YeYao took shots together and were made to kiss each other in front of the party. I imagine this would be as uncomfortable and awkward as asking Ivan Drago to make out with Ludmilla in front of the Politboro.


**I know it's a stretch but I just wanted an excuse to use that video. They have the same haircut and it's better than the "If I Can Change, You Can Change" speech. Anyway I'm sure
Hearts on Fire was their wedding song.

No comments: