Thursday, August 16, 2007

WNBA Can Be An Eye Popping Experience

In this case...that can be read literally. Those in attendance for Tuesday night's Chicago Sky/New York Liberty game were in for a horrifying sight, Chicago forward Chasity Melvin's eyeball was gouged out of the socket by New York's Shameka Christon after accidentally poking Melvin in the eye with several fingers while going for a rebound.

Melvin had this to say after the game:
"It was kind of traumatizing. I really felt my eyeball coming out. I felt it coming out and I felt it outside of my face. It's going to take some time to get over this."
No kidding? It might take me some time to get over this and I only read about it. Lets all not forget that this isn't the first time this has happened in a ball game...Allen Ray, we will never forget you.



From WBBM 780
True Hoop did this earlier...but without the snazzy photoshop and video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Deuce,

I promise I almost threw up when I saw this. No shit.

Love,

Liston