Thursday, August 16, 2007

Cowboys Fans Know How To Use Teh Interwebs

The fans of the Dallas Cowboys are an intelligent lot. I say this not because my crack head cousin is a Cowboys fan, no it's because I realize now that they now know how to use computers. This is a fact I know because when I checked out the Redskins Wikipedia page today I noticed something was amiss...there was a giant freakin' Cowboys star at the top of the page along with this:
"The Washington Redskins are a professional American football team based in the Washington, D.C. area. The Washington Deadskins suck. Go Cowboys."
Don't believe me? Go to the page and see for yourself, but here's a screen shot I took of the cached page edit (red highlights at the bottom added by me for emphasis):

I'm typing this at like 4 in the morning and the page is still up. There's a Wiki-War going on and apparently its not the first time the Cowboys fans have defiled the Redskins Wiki page. Its happened on August 2nd, July 21, June 20th and probably a lot more, I just stopped looking there. I expected some sorta retaliation on the part of Redskins fans on the Cowboys wiki history, but there wasn't much except someone replaced their page with
"Worst team ever!!!! HAMBURGERS ARE AWESOME!!!"
which either is a brilliant, sarcastic and half hearted attempt to change the page...or just lame. Luckily, no Redskins fan has attached themselves to the Cowboys page recently...just some Philadelphia Eagles fan on August 8th rudely spouting off with incredibly bad spelling, which makes sense for those mouth breathers.

Its quite a battle that is going between the NFC East foes, who knew so many geeks actually watched football? Lets hope that the Redskins fans can actually retaliate on in a more interesting way than the Cowboys & Eagles fans have done.

What's good is that the rivalry is still somewhat alive in this Joe Gibbs II era...and that Dallas Cowboys fans are both somewhat literate and can actually use computers. No child left behind is working I guess. Good for them. Go Skins.

4 comments:

One More Dying Quail said...

You know...if they were smart, they would do something huge like that, then try to slide in some less noticeable lies within the text.

Not that this isn't awesome, of course.

Unsilent Majority said...

How do they find the time for their regular cousin lovin'?

Unknown said...

Cowgirls as a much funnier nickname than Deadskins.

Anonymous said...

Dear Deuce of Davenport,

Great stuff. Where do you find this?

love,

Liston