Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Antonio Cromartie Is Down A Couple Sprewells Thanks To Twitter


The inevitable crackdown on Twitter use by NFL players and personnel has begun with the Packers and Dolphins banning use of it from "pre-game warmups to the end of the game". Similar bans elsewhere have created stupid situations such as in San Diego. Antonio Cromartie was fined $2500 for twittering about the Chargers' "nasty food" and wondering if it prevented the Chargers from making it to the Super Bowl the past couple years. As with most things Norv Turner does, Cromartie isn't impressed.
"But other than [the amount of the fine], I mean, I ain't going to take back what I said," Cromartie said after practice Tuesday afternoon. "I said what I had to say. But at the end of the day, I mean, I got fined for talking about nutrition and that. I can't really say too much else.

"I didn't think it would cause a stir like I did, but me being me, I think I'm going to keep my mouth shut from here on out," he said. "I ain't going to say nothing else. I want to make sure I keep everything positive. Obviously, I mean, I can't really say what I really want to say. My freedom of speech has actually been taken away."
No justice, no peace. Turner has banned Twitter use in the building and as well as criticizing the team on the social network.

Shawne Merriman, on the other hand, thinks the whole situation is hilarious.


Merriman also has gems such as
Ok lets make a deal if all yall pitch in a dollar ill tweet more they handing out fines like free turkeys on thanksgiving ya dig?
or
Yea you can be tough alllllll you want to but the first time you get hit for a $2500 fine my name goes from LightsOut to just switch lol
He also realizes the impact a fine this large will have players like Cromartie.
"That's steep man. That's half a new set of rims or something. Those had better be some powerful words and they better be reaching a lot more than the 40,000 people I have right now."
I believe Black Moon would call that Powerful Impak (language NSFW). Boom from the cannon if you will. It's a good thing players like Chad Ochocinco continue to keep it real on the interwebs. It shouldn't be too hard for Cromartie and Merriman to stay a step ahead of Norville. Most of the NFL already does.

1 comment:

football said...

Nice post. i learned many more about the football from this post.
thanks for posting.