Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Slow Your Roll. Know Your Limitations


Emile Heskey? Really, dude?

Has a picture ever said so much? More than likely but this is spot on. I would have posted something on Chelsea yesterday but I just didn't have it in me. Chelsea could still win the league but it would take a Chelsea win and a Manchester United loss followed by a Chelsea win over Man U. That's it.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm not sure how much Chelsea winning the Champions League would salvage the season in my mind. Losses to Spurs and Barnsley were painful enough. Another loss to Liverpool would hurt but a season without silverware would hopefully mean Avram Grant would move upstairs. However there's no guarantee of that happening. A CL win means a better chance of him staying. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I don't want to root against my team and I won't yet I fear what victory means. Of course I want Chelsea to win the Champions League. However Grant blundering into victory could be costly. He's shown time and time again that he has the combined tactical awareness of Paul Bremer and Rich Kotite. After being screwed out of United match tickets and still not receiving my supporters club package, I deserve something. Give me Big Cup glory and a new manager. Is that so hard?

No comments: