Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Put Me In, Muthaf**ka


Aw I'm just playin' unless you don't put me in. If you no play me, I say fuck you, pop. I do it myself.

David Ortiz has a funny way of letting Terry Francona know he's wants back in the lineup. The DH was benched after going on an 0 for 17 streak. Instead of waiting until called, he decided to be pro-active and take matters into his own hands.
The text message began with "dad" or "pop," Terry Francona wasn't sure which. He thought it might have been from his 14-year-old daughter, but because the number was unfamiliar, he texted back and asked whose number it was.

"It's mine, [expletive]," came the reply, much to the consternation of the manager, who then called the number to see who had the nerve to address him that way.

"I was getting ticked," Francona said. "I was all mixed up. Because the last [message] said, 'Put me in, [expletive].' "
It turned out to be Ortiz instead of Francona's daughter. He was relieved that his daughter wasn't talking to him in that tone. "I didn't care if David gets hits or not, I won't have a 14-year-old talking like that to her dad."

There's no word on whether he went home and whupped his daughter just in case she thought about talking to him like that. "You didn't? Well that's one in the bank for you, missy!"

No comments: