Thursday, April 10, 2008

China Ruins Olympics' One Chance To Be Interesting

Chinese officials said today that they have uncovered and foiled a terrorist plot to kidnap athletes, foreign journalists and tourists at the Olympic games in Beijing. 35 people from a "vast terrorist gang" have been arrested in the past few weeks and officials are keeping on top of things to prevent anymore syndicates from popping up and succeeding.

Damn. Not that I really wish anyone to die or be harmed or anything but I know i'd be glued to my television and computer if i knew some sort of terrorist attack was going on. Leading up to the games right now, no one cares much about the athletes or events anyway. Everyone is just reporting on all the screw ups that China has had getting ready for the games. I read more stories like about how the air sucks and the toilets suck and the swimsuits suck than actual hype for the athletes that are in the games. Isn't that what the Olympics is supposed to be about, the athletes?

What I'm trying to say is, none of it is really all that interesting anymore. No one can write up an interesting enough story about any of the athletes that are participating in these events so everyone is just focusing on these softballs. I'm burned out on it and the games haven't even started yet. I don't care anymore about these jacked up games. Watching them now would only be for ironic reasons only. From now until the end of the summer, I don't want to hear anything more about the Olympics unless someone is kidnapped or something is bombed. Otherwise, it's just not at all interesting anymore.

From CNN

1 comment:

100% Injury Rate said...

Why you gotta hate on my Olympics, man?