Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Do As I Say, Not As I Did...Or Didn't

We all remember our graduation day when we tried to pull it together for our parents so they wouldn't realize what degenerates we became in college. Maybe that's just me but that's neither here nor there. If you were like me and thousands of others, you were subjected to a commencement speaker who had plenty of lofty words but little practical advice. I'm sure Amartya Sen dropped some knowledge on us but I had to go back and read about inequality, poverty, development and all that stuff later that summer. The Pitt class of 2008 won't have to worry about that.

Dan Marino will give the Pitt 2008 commencement address later this month. His speech will most certainly cover success in achieving your goals



as well as dealing with setbacks and failures.




Jim Kelly is rumored to be next year's commencement speaker.

No comments: