Monday, October 29, 2007

Eviscerated!

What the Patriots did to the Washington Redskins last night was the worst loss I have ever seen in all my years of Redskins fandom. Think thats a stretch? The last time they lost near that bad was in 1961 when the Giants beat them 53-0.

It got so bad for me, the Redskins fan, that Cowboys fans at the sports bar I was at were actually cheering on the team that throttled them 48-27 just two weeks ago. That is some crazy shit right there and only confirms my belief that Cowboys fans are the single worst fans in sports. Yes, worse than Eagles fans...although it ain't by much.

Did the Patriots run up the score? Lets see, final score was 52-7...you damn right they ran up the score. New England went for it on 4th down, twice, while up over 30 points to the Redskins and they never stopped passing the ball. Think the Patriots care? Nope. "...we don't care," Patriots' receiver Donte Stallworth said after the game.

Now I am not going to whine about how big bad Bill Belichick shouldn't have done this or that nor will I complain about these random, ongoing, headset problems that seem to happen at Gillette...I am just going to say this:

Do not anger the Football Gods, New England Patriots. The Gods of the Football do not like taunting. Egos large and small have been crushed by the Football Gods. What Belichick, Brady, Moss and the entire organization are in danger of is thinking that they are bigger than the game. A beatdown of that magnitude signifies it. They don't care, they say. Its all about the Patriots right now and karma is a bitch whore.

So, on this day, congratulations Patriots and Patriot fans, you are still undefeated. You seem to have the single most complete team since the salary cap was instituted. Nothing seems like it can stop you...until the Football Gods inevitably intervene.

Lets just hope the injury bug that has seemed to miss this team does not strike anytime soon...and isn't brought upon by a "Bounty Bowl" III in the future.

5 comments:

Rae Carruth's Trunk said...

People hate the Patroits and are hating most Boston fans at this point.

The Patriots and the Boston fans in general should note that most people were rooting for them just a few years ago. They should think about that for a bit.

Oh, and I hope Tom Brady get the ole Joe Theisman treatment soon.

Anonymous said...

I've been a Redskins fan all my life and they'll always be my #1 team. Since I moved to Boston 24 years ago I adopted NE as my AFC team, and have rooted for them. Yesterday, I was wishing that Brady got hammered especially when he ran the qb sneak. I wish someone had rammed their helmet into his knee.

I'm much calmer now.

Regards,
ago

Chris said...

You're right, something bad is gonna happen to the Pats, and soon. If not, I think I'll try and assassinate Belichick. Who's with me? No one? Don't think I won't do it on my own!

Unknown said...

People used to root for New England and Boston teams a few years ago because we sucked.

I'll take rooting for teams that are great and hated, then suck and loved every day of the week.

Anonymous said...

Grow up, you losers. How would you feel taking a helmet to the knee? Theissman treatment? Shame on you. Quit crying, its not high school football.