Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Don't Double Cross Ray Lewis


"Hey Trent Dilfer, you just won the Super Bowl! What are you going to do now?"
"I'm a stab that muthafucka..."
"What's that, Ray?"
"Nuthin', man. Good job on the MVP...bitch."

I'll be eternally grateful to Trent Dilfer for leading the Ravens to the Super Bowl but you don't take a man's MVP award like that. Especially a man who's good with butterfly knives and getaway vehicles.

One would think that would be enough to solidify one's position as QB but one would be wrong. Dilfer was bounced out of town in favor of Elvis Grbac. We all know how that went.

It's been six years and Dilfer's still a little pissed.
"I have absolutely zero desire to talk to Brian Billick ... "Those guys will go to their graves swearing to God that we would have won two, three Super Bowls if they would have kept me. I'm not going to say that; I have no idea. But I sure would have liked the chance to face the challenge. I would have loved that opportunity."

"[Billick] grossly misunderstood the talent of that football team, myself specifically."
At least he's not bitter.

Offensive genius Brian Billick responded,
"I have huge respect for Trent," Billick said. "I can understand why this is something that he doesn't want to let go. I don't know if there is anything that I'm ever going to be able to say or do to rectify it."
Replacing Dilfer with Grbac was wrong. Billick might as well have told Dilfer to shit on his hand and slap himself in the face. He finally got it right after subjecting Charm City to assclowns such as Stoney Case and Scott Mitchell and of course he had to mess it up. He doesn't deserve it but it looks like he's struck gold again with Kyle Boller. Oh wait...

Maybe Dilfer's pissed at the wrong person. I think Dilfer's ouster was really a Machiavellian master stroke by Ray Lewis who was pissed that he didn't get Super Bowl MVP. Yeah that's it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dilfer for Grbac was a good swap.

Signed,

The only guy in the office who didn't buy stock in Apple a few years ago

Anonymous said...

Ray Lewis did win the MVP that year. Disney just felt that Dilfer was more "Marketable"

Mustafa Redonkulous said...

You know what? You're right. He did. My bad. Some Ravens fan. Maybe I'm just bitter about my experience with his BBQ.