Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Day The Poetry Died


Good morning heartache
It's on me girl
To stop fightin and work this out
You know what I am saying
F'real

Ok, maybe we at the Deuce aren't very good at poetry but it's a good thing we have the Ol' Dirty Bastard (Osiris, Big Baby Jesus, Dirt McGirt) to cover our ass. We already lost one American hero and now we may lose another one. How much loss can one country or one starting five take?

The upcoming Wizards season was be thrown into turmoil when an irregularity was discovered during Etan Thomas' cardiac checkup. He's undergoing further tests and the condition has the potential to be career-threatening. Someone needs to bring Doug Collins in for questioning.

Let's not even discuss the fact that Etan's absence leaves the Wizards with SA(softass)/C Brendan Haywood. Just ask Agent Zero what he thinks about that. Who are we to question the black president? Oh lawdy, we in some trouble now.

Hopefully this won't affect Etan's poetry career. I just don't know what I'd do if I knew I'd never see Etan doing his thing at Busboys and Poets again. I'm going to be in the upcoming U.S. Poetry Slam Championship Regionals in Gary, IN this fall. I'm so doing it for Etan this time. There's no way I can lose. Where are my manpris and Air Jesus?

Picture courtesy of Wizznutzz.

1 comment:

Jarrett said...

LaFawnduh from Napolean Dynamite could probably challenge for the starting center position if Etan is out.