Friday, August 8, 2008

Exodus: Movement Of Jah People

What if NBA players gave commission David Stern a taste of his own medicine in response to his increasingly dictatorial rule over the league? Instead of fighting the new rules, he and the owners could run their league in whatever way they see fit. They would just have to keep the league profitable without help from their marquee players.

Add Kobe Bryant to the list of players who is willing to listen to offers from the promised land called Europe. When asked about the possibility of playing in Europe, he said,
“I’d go. I’d probably go,” said Bryant, during a USA Basketball press conference on Friday morning. “Like Milan or something like that, where I grew up or something like that… Peace out.”

Bryant continued: “Do you know any reasonable person that would turn down 50 (million dollars)?”
Bryant knows the language and the country. He also owns a team in the IPBL and has friends over there. Sheeeeeeit, it's almost a no-brainer.
“Because I grew up in Italy it has more significance to me because I’m more familiar with it, I’ve been there and I still have friends there,” said Bryant, a three-time NBA champion. “I’m thinking about buying a house out there. It would be nothing to me to be able to do that.”
Imagine if the NBA lost LeBron and Kobe. It's bad enough losing Earl Boykins and Josh Childress. They might as well write off the Carolina and Atlanta TV markets. If a player like White Chocolate left, they could lose the LA/Southern California market as well.

Then again, the league might be fine. Players like Starbury, Ron Artest and Tim Duncan could step in and pick up where the LeBron's and Kobe's leave off in Babylon... Hope Stern has a box of Depends on standby.

No comments: