Friday, September 14, 2007

Ayo I'm Tired Of Using Technology


So let me get this straight. Maybe I'm just a bit slow but I have a good reason. For some unknown and unjustifiable reason, I listened to Stephen A. Smith's take on Stephon Marbury's testimony on his radio show yesterday. I feel like I huffed enough glue to put down a gang of 50 Brazilian street kids. I've heard more rational thought from a mule.

Anyway, I digress. Roger Goodell has passed judgment. $500,000 for Belichick, $250,000 for the Patriots and a loss of a first-round draft pick only if the Pats don't make the playoffs? How the hell is that fair? A larger fine would be a good start as well as a loss of a first, second and third round pick. A multi-game suspension would have been appropriate as well.
"I specifically considered whether to impose a suspension on Coach Belichick," Goodell also wrote. "I have determined not to do so, largely because I believe that the discipline I am imposing of a maximum fine and forfeiture of a first-round draft choice, or multiple draft choices, is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective, than a suspension."
Besides an out of pocket expense, the Pats have just gotten away with robbery. There's no reason he couldn't have added a suspension as well as taken away draft picks and fined Belichick and the club.

Perhaps the Commish should look to F1 for a guide on how to bring the hammer of justice down on perpetrators.

The World Motor Sports Council fined the McLaren team $100 million and took away all their constructors' points after being nailed for spying on rival team Ferrari. McLaren may even face more punishment for the 2008 season.

Would a comparable punishment be warranted in the case of the Patriots and especially Belichick? It would. Maybe they could start the rest of their games this season 14 points down. I'd be fine with them being forced to start Junior Seau, the mascot or Ted Kennedy at QB for a half to be decided by the opposing team.

1 comment:

Jean Shorts said...

I couldn't agree more Belichick is a soulless fucknut.