Monday, May 28, 2007

Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down, Part Deux

It's never a good idea to go for the balls during a sporting event where hitting is encouraged and required.


Gold Coast center Brett Delaney found out the hard way after grabbing South Sidney's Jaiman Lowe's balls during a match last week. If you're gonna pull a move like that, you better make sure you keep a man down. If you don't, this could happen to you.



Of course, Delaney denied the ball massage.
"No way," he said. In a tackle you don't let go of someone when you grab them. I can't remember if I did have him [by the testicles], but it wasn't intentional."

"It might have been in that region, but I don't go out to try and rip blokes' balls off. I just can't really remember what happened, to be honest. I think I had him on the shorts, and then I got knocked out. It's all a bit of a blur."

"When I touched his balls, I was in ecstasy so you can imagine it's very hard to stay focused or know what you're doing."
Ok, maybe he didn't say that last part. The blur was from getting his arse handed to him in a sack by Lowe. Delaney said he was still suffering from headaches and the sweats. He also required 10 stitches to close a "gaping wound" above his lip. Good.
"It was one of those things. He probably thought something went on, but it was nothing intentional, I'll tell you that - especially at that time of the game. We were under the pump a bit. It was just a normal tackle, mate."
Ain't nuthin' normal about that tackle. Delaney was on that pump like a farmer on a milk cow. He's lucky he didn't get stomped but some men have honor unlike him and Bill Romanowski.

No comments: