Lets take a look at Chad's injury history in his 9 seasons of pro football real quick:
Wow...ok. If this was baseball, this guy would only be tossing balls for a rec league softball team. A guy who never had much arm strength to begin with, coming off his 3rd shoulder surgery, who has only played in 16 games twice in his career, seriously wants to give it another go? I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but, c'mon, read the tea leaves Chad.
- 2002 - Fracture/dislocation on his left (non-throwing) hand (missed 6 games)
- 2004 - Injured right rotator cuff (missed 4 games)
- Feb 2005 - Surgery to repair substantial tear in the right rotator cuff, as well as a large bone spur.
- Sept 2005 - Injured right rotator cuff.
- Oct 2005 - Surgery to repair his right rotator cuff.
- 2007 - High ankle sprain (missed 1 game); benched after 8 games.
- Sept 2009 - Injured right shoulder.
- Oct 2009 - Surgery to repair labrum tear and shoulder capsule.
Pennington needs to listen to his body more than his heart. He may have the desire to play still, but his body has already told him he just shouldn't do it.
From Miami Herald